The Mill was purchased by Don & Carolyn Riedlinger in 1997 and meticulously moved to its present location in Gilbert, Arizona, where it was completed in 1999. The ownership list passed from Swope through family lines to Doug Kiser. Leroy B. Custer, great-great grandfather of Kiser, operated the mill until his death in 1926. His mill brought customers from far & near because of the white flour he produced.
The original mill stood 4-stories with the first floor of solid stone. In the 1920s, Leroy's sons used a roller mill that produced a finer, whiter flour than the old stone grinders. "American (Midget) Marvel" is still legible across the front of the roller mill, now displayed behind Shenandoah Mill in the Enchanted Garden.
A system of wooden chutes funneled grain down to the millstones. Another system of chutes, with cupped belts inside, lifted flour back up the higher floors so it would fall through bolting or sifting equipment and eventually into bags or bins. Known in recent history as the Muddy Creek Roller Mill, it turned out "Custer's Best" flour until it was washed out in a flood in 1942
**Pricing is located on pricing tab